Pages

Saturday, May 20, 2017

A Few Small Projects

Sometimes I need a brain break. I just want to paint something, but I don't want to tackle any big project. That's when I turn to smalls; they give me the creative boost I need, and provide some unique booth items at the same time. Here's a few I did this week:

We found this little table last week and I could not wait to paint it. It's heading off to one of my sisters.


Several smalls here!  The oval mirror frame is plastic, and was gold. I gave it a more aged look. The cake stand was natural wood; I painted and added the glass dome. The little tray took lots of time and I learned how to set glazier's points in the process. 



Mirrors are good sellers when they are painted. I had this one in my booth in Marietta in its original finish and no one looked at it. I bet it sells in a few weeks now.



This was one of those projects that took more time than it was worth! But I love the way it came out, and enjoyed the process of making it over.



White picture frame: another of those "won't sell as is, so paint it!"





I've done a few more, but no photos yet. I love taking these discards and making them beautiful again!

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your projects!
    I like the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your words "I love taking these discards and making them beautiful again" and I am quoting you on my Repurposing 2 post which will be out tomorrow. Thanks Sue.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - I just found your blog thru A Vintage Green Blog. Looks like I'll be spending most of my day going thru and reading your posts. I recently opened my first booth at an antique mall and I'm quite excited about it. My biggest problem so far is figuring out how to price things. I wonder if you'd share how you determine your prices on furniture you re-do? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...